Tuesday 11 February 2014

this time we'll leave this town

Ahoy! Long time no see.
I mailed in my Sheridan animation portfolio today, so hopefully it survives the trip across the Pacific and then some. I'm still super nervous but I've accepted that it's okay if I don't get in - I'll post my full portfolio and the score sheet when I receive it within the next few months! Also submitted my CalArts portfolio a while ago but my hopes are mostly riding on Canada.

Other updates: I graduated from BBiomed last December, so I guess I now have that under my belt.

Aannnd I finally updated my website domain! I've refreshed the design a bit but hopefully I'll be doing a full revamp soon. See here! -> anneliesemak.com

And of course since it's been so long, here's a ridiculous amount of sketches... sorry hahah.

 
  
 
    
  
     
 

4 comments:

  1. Well it's all terrific. I really hope you get into both Calarts and Sheridan, I also liked the other entry about graduation Uni. Awesome work. All sketches are also very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine! For cost reasons I'm mostly hoping for Sheridan but it'll be interesting to see what happens re:CalArts too. :) Thank you for always being so encouraging!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your drawings are owesome! How did you drawing these? I want to draw well :-) but..I'm beginner level ㅠㅠ can you give me some tips about how to draw at first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much, I really appreciated your kind words! :) To start, it's always important to get the basics down -anatomy, colour, lighting, composition etc- which will help in developing your own personal style (though this in itself is a very elusive thing, and some people argue that it isn't necessary to have your own unique style).

      Also, observe! Keep your eyes open to the world around you and practice drawing from life. People, environments, anything that catches your eye. It's a great way to practice, and it helps build up your visual vocabulary so that you have a repository of mental images to take inspiration from when you want to draw original things.

      Those are just some basic tips - remember art is about constantly learning and exercising your passion! I definitely have a long, long way to go myself. All the best!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.